It is with a great deal of pride and pleasure that the Outer Banks Relief Foundation announces the 2nd Annual TowneBank Red Nose Wine Festival on Thursday, July 11, 2013. This event will be held on the beautiful waterfront of Marshes’ Light in Manteo. Fabulous wines from around the world and produced by North Carolina Wineries will be available for tasting as well as foods from the Outer Banks finest restaurants …and NEW this year, Craft beers and North Carolina Breweries! Live entertainment will be provided by local and regional bands! For those looking to educate themselves on how to identify the finer qualities of wines or to increase their breadth of knowledge of wines, several wine seminars are being planned during the festival as well.
This is an Outer Banks Relief Foundation Charity Event (in conjunction with Outer Banks Relief Foundation’s Christmas in July, RED NOSE fundraiser) , and is one of the many fundraisers held by the Foundation as it fills its mission to serve our community whose mission is simple: to financially assist those in our community who are faced with debilitating illness or tragedy. Net funds will be expended to help those on the Outer Banks.
Celebrate Christmas in July and come out to support a good cause, have some good wines, listen to some good music, and have fun!
The specifics are:
WHAT: Promising a day of fun, with local bands, wine & beer tastings, delicious food available for sale from local restaurants.
Do’s & Don’ts:
We want everyone to have a great time at the festival, but there are a few details to point out so everyone can enjoy equally.
• Blankets or tarps for the ground are welcomed in designated areas only
• Coolers for food or picnic baskets are fine. These will be searched at the gate.
• Lawn chairs are fine in designated area and a great asset to enjoying the music.
• And please do remember to drink responsibly…
• No pets! Sorry, but this is not an appropriate venue for pets.
• No tents or pop-ups! Tents obstruct the view of other festival guests.
• No grills! There are many excellent food vendors on site.
• No alcohol! Remember, inspections will take place at every gate.
• No personal tables! They affect the sight lines of other festival guests.
Note: The TowneBank Red Nose Wine Festival reserves the right to limit space for individual picnic areas in order to accommodate all patrons and to provide safe access through the festival grounds
Rules and Regulations:
• No animals, except hearing /dog animals and service/dog animals or animals utilized in law enforcement, are permitted, unless otherwise posted.
• No glass containers may be brought into Marshes Light at any time.
• No alcoholic beverages may be brought into Marshes Light at any time.
• Persons must be at least 21 years of age with a valid photo ID to purchase and/or consume alcoholic beverages.
• Skates, skateboards and bicycles are not permitted.
• Red Nose Wine Festival reserves the right to postpone, cancel and/or evacuate events due to adverse weather conditions.
NOTICE: These regulations do not alter or change State or City laws in any manner and you are subject to all applicable State, County or City laws.
For more information, contact the Outer Banks Relief Foundation at 252-261-2004